Grameenphone in partnership with E. B. Solutions Limited (EBS) and Pragati Life is offering ‘Nirvoy’ the life insurance product to its valued customers. The purpose of Nirvoy is to provide GP customers with an opportunity to manage their life risk by simply committing to a nominal amount of spend on the GP network. Nirvoy is the Free life insurance offer from Grameenphone built on Monthly Recharge/Usage of a customer.
Understanding of Life Insurance
Insurance is a means of protecting you and your family against risk or loss. There are various risks we face every day: loss of life, health problems, loss of property, etc. that could put our families and loved ones in a very dire situation. Life Insurance protects the family/loved ones in the event of loss of life of the “insured” person by paying the coverage amount.
Nirvoy, which is a Life Insurance program, offers protection against the risk of loss of life by providing monetary compensation in the event of the loss of life of the registered (covered) customer during the period in which he/she had insurance coverage.
Monthly Recharge/Usage based Nirvoy Life Insurance proposition is as follows:
|Recharge(Prepaid)/Usage(Postpaid) In Previous Calendar Month (Month 1)||Free Life Insurance Coverage (Calendar Month 2)|
|BDT <150||No coverage|
|BDT 150 – 249||BDT 10,000|
|BDT 250 – 349||BDT 20,000|
|BDT 350 – 499||BDT 30,000|
|BDT 500 & above||BDT 50,000|
Registration Process: Nirvoy Registration Process is very simple & straight forward.
Any Grameenphone customer (All Prepaid and Postpaid, except for data only SIM users & GP Employee SIM users) are eligible to avail this offer.
A customer can register using following two ways:
- Customers can do the ‘Self Registration’ through customer’s mobile phone (dialing 21200 or *777#)
- Customers can also visit nearest Grameenphone center/selected Grameenphone service touch points and also the ‘GPay’ outlets to register for this offer. The agents can register the customer either using the Nirvoy Portal (Web) or using their Mobile (via USSD).
Once the customer registers for this based on his/her monthly recharge; s/he will be eligible for life insurance coverage. The eligibility to claim (by the nominee) for Life Insurance Coverage will depend on the Insured Person’s last month’s Recharge/Usage amount.
Information Required to Complete Registration:
Customers (users) need to provide the following information for registration:
- User’s Grameenphone Mobile Number (when registering through GP channels, like GPC)
- User’s Name (Please remember the user must be the registered owner of the Grameenphone Mobile Number)
- User’s Age (must be 18-60 years)
- Relationship of Nominee with the User
- Nominee’s Name
- Nominee’s Phone Number (Mobile and/or Landline)
- Registrations via the Nirvoy Web Portal will require the following declarations to be confirmed by the agent from the user:
- The user has read, understood and agreed to the detailed conditions related to Nirvoy free insurance offer.
- The user is the owner or user of the SIM card.
- The user authorizes Grameenphone to process relevant information for insurance purpose.
Data Entry Process for Registration (using a Grameenphone channel):
- Nirvoy agent will brief the customer about the Life Insurance offer
- If the customer is interested to take the offer then the respective agent will put the required information in the system for registration
- After data entry, agent will recheck the information from customer
- Agent will submit the information to complete the registration
Verification and Confirmation from Customers end via SMS:
- Customer will receive registration confirmation/cancellation SMS from Grameenphone Ltd. (Free of charge)
- During registration process, customer needs to agree on the terms and condition of Nirvoy life insurance offer and will authorize Grameenphone to process relevant information for this.
- Customer will also confirm whether s/he is the owner/user of the connection
Insurance Start Date and Validity:
- Eligibility for insurance coverage will be determined based on the recharge amount for prepaid customers and on the usage amount for postpaid customers during the previous month.
- If the Recharge amount is BDT 150 or higher, then customer will be entitled for the insurance coverage as per the table given above
- Usage will be calculated from the 1st day of customer’s registration calendar month to last date of that month and insurance coverage will be valid for the next calendar month based on the usage. This rule is applicable for the following months also.
- Registration is valid (for lifetime) until the customer cancels the registration of the SIM Card
- If monthly Recharge is below BDT 150 in any month then for the next month customer will not be eligible for any insurance coverage.
- For postpaid customers, monthly usage will be calculated based on the calendar month
- If any customer has more than one Grameenphone connections and is registered for Nirvoy on both connections, then maximum BDT 1,00,000 will be paid (considering two SIMs) as insurance coverage based on the monthly recharge/usage of those connections.
Registration Information Modification and Cancellation Process:
- For registration information modification or registration cancellation customer needs to call to 21200 (8AM-11PM)
- Based on information verification agents will arrange for the necessary modification/cancellation
- Customer will be notified about the modification/cancellation in the next month (Free of charge)
- For modification or cancellation charge is not applicable
- Only 21200 hotline call charge is applicable
Claim Settlement Process:
- After the death of any insured customer, Nominee needs to submit all the required papers in the nearest Grameenphone center within 120 days of the death. During claim settlement, nominee needs to submit the following documents:
- Death certificate of insured person
- National ID Card of Insured
- National ID Card of claimant
- Valid Registration Papers of the SIM under which the insured was registered (The insurance user must be the registered owner of his/her Grameenphone number/SIM)
- Government issued document confirming the relationship between claimant and insured e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate
- Claim Form (available in the Grameenphone center)
- After verification of all the documents, claim settlement will be completed within 7 working days